Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links on this website are affiliate links of products that we recommend. If you use them to make a purchase we will earn a commission at no additional cost for you. This allow us to create free content for you.
Are you looking for the best Grammarly alternatives? This guide has got you covered.
If you're someone who writes a lot of content in English either for yourself or as a freelancer for others, you would want to make sure that it is free from any grammatical or punctuation errors.
But how do you do that?
You have two choices-
- Hire someone who can proofread your content for mistakes and correct it. Or,
- Use some artificial intelligence (AI) powered tools like Grammarly to do all that automatically for you.
Option 1 may work, may not work. When you hire a person, you would have no option but to trust his ability to get your job done. Another thing to consider here is cost. Hiring a professional to correct your content by removing grammatical mistakes may be expensive also.
You can go with Option 2 where you can use one of the most popular grammar tool called Grammarly.
It is the first choice among content writers as their preferred grammar correction tool. However, many people find its price on the higher side.
For this reason writers are always on the lookout for its alternatives.
To make your job easier I have compiled some of the best tools that will get your job done either for free or at a fraction of price that you would have to pay for Grammarly.
5 Best Grammarly Alternatives
Why Do You Need Grammarly Alternatives?
Following two are the main reasons why you may want to try some alternatives to Grammarly for your everyday work.
1. ProWriting Aid
ProWritingAid is considered as one of the best alternatives to Grammarly. It is features similar to Grammarly and offers both free and premium version to its users.
It is very easy to use and has useful features that highlights a variety of key writing issues, such as overused words, sentence structure, punctuation issues, repeated phrases, consistency, dialogue, pacing and readability.
Who can use ProWritingAid?
- Business Writers
- Content Writers
- Fiction/Non-fiction Authors
What ProWritingAid help you achieve?
- Check your content for grammatical, spelling & punctuation errors
- Plagiarism Checker to find any accidental plagiarism in your content
How to use ProWritingAid?
ProWritingAid has lots of integration options. Let's check them out below.
- Web: You can sign up at the ProWritingAid website and start using its services online.
- Extension: You can download extension available for browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safar and Edge.
- Google Docs Add-on: Premium users can install add-on on Google Docs. The add-on allows you to find errors in your writing and suggest improvement to your writing.
- MS Word Add-in: Similar to Google Docs, ProWritingAid also has an add-in for Microsoft Word. However it is also available to premium users. One you install the add-in, you access ProWritingAid from the toolbar.
- Desktop App: to work with Scrivener projects, Rich Text, Microsoft Word, Open Office, and Markdown documents. The desktop is available for both Windows and Mac.
ProWritingAid Pricing & Plans
ProWritingAid has free extension that you can use for checking basic spelling and grammatical errors in your content. However, if you want advanced features like plagiarism checker, no limit on word counts, access to writing books & resources, and others, you may want to subscribe to the paid plans.
It has the following three paid plans - Monthly, Yearly and Lifetime.
Monthly subscription is good for users that may want to use ProWritingAid occasionally.
For heavy users we recommend the Yearly subscription plan that will cost you only $79 per year. It's a good deal when you compare the yearly price with Grammarly that will cost you around $140.
If budget is not a problem, then you can also consider the lifetime deal that will cost you $399. By paying $399 one-time you can continue enjoying ProWritingAid for as long as you want.
Get started with ProWritingAid with the link given below.
2. Ginger Software
Ginger Software is another great alternative to Grammarly. It allows you to write your content mistake-free on Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, MS-Office and other applications.
Some of its important features includes correction all types of grammatical mistakes like punctuation, sentence structure and style. It also provides suggestions for misused words to subject-verb agreement to contextual spelling.
Who can use Ginger?
- Business Writers
- Content Writers
What Ginger help you achieve?
- Grammar Checker to find and correct grammatical mistakes
- Spell checker to correct spelling mistakes in your content
- Complimentary writing tools like Dictionary, Sentence Rephrase, Translation, Contextual Synonyms and others to improve your productivity.
How to use Ginger?
It has the following integration options:
- Desktop App: You can download the Ginger Page application for Windows. In Microsoft Word and other office application, it replaces the default spell checker and provides LIVE suggestion to improve sentence structure, grammar, spelling and punctuation as your write your content.
- Extension: You can download Ginger extension on browsers like Chrome and Safari. Once the extension is installed, it automatically starts proofreading your content for errors. Once it finds any mistake, you can correct it with a single click.
- iOS App: Ginger Page is also available as an app on Apple App Store. You can download the app in your iPhone and use to automatically correct grammar and spelling mistakes. It allows you to save text to favorites and even add a personal dictionary that is synchronized across all of your iOS devices – iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Android App: Ginger has two apps for Android device users - Ginger Page and Ginger Keyboard. You can download both the app on your device to improve your writing as it automatically corrects your grammar, spelling and punctuation quickly and efficiently.
Ginger Pricing & Plans
Ginger has the following paid plans - Monthly, Annual and Two Years.
Monthly Plan starts at $14.98 per month which I think is on the higher side. However, I recommend Annual Plan that will cost you only $6.24 per month providing you best return of your investment.
It also has a Two Years Plan which is more economical out of the three plans at only $4.99 per month.
Get started with Ginger with the link given below.
Grammarly is one of the best tool to check your content for errors and improve your writing style.
However, considering its price which is on the higher side, one may want to try some of its best alternatives to see how they works in comparison to Grammarly.
I have to tried to explain of the best Grammarly alternatives in this article.
Which grammar tool you like the most and why? Please offer your comment below.