Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links on this website are affiliate links of products that we recommend. If you use them to make a purchase we will earn a commission at no additional cost for you. This allow us to create free content for you.
Do you want to grow your email list fast in 2021 for your WordPress blog? You have come to the right place.
There are many popular lead generation plugins that are quite effective in quickly growing your email list.
OptinMonster is one such tool. It is a product by the same team that has developed popular products like WPBeginner, WPForms, MonsterInsights, RafflePress and others.
It was launched in 2013 and quickly grow as one of the most popular plugin to boost conversions.
However, new blogger may find its price on the higher side. Plus OptinMonster is not the only tool to grow your email list faster.
But with so many tools available, you may find it difficult to choose the best among them.
To help you in selecting the best OptinMonster alternatives, I have written this comprehensive guide.
The best part?
The price of some these plugins covered in this article are quite cheaper than OptinMonster.
Let's get started
OptinMonster is one of the most powerful lead generation software. Over 1,342,116 websites uses this platform to improve their website conversions and grow their email list.
It's performance packed features are the reason why it is loved by online businesses looking to improve their conversions.
Some of its notable features include:
- Can be used on any platform.
- Lightbox Popups, Slide-in Scroll Box, Sidebar Campaigns, Fullscreen Campaigns, Floating Bars, 2-Step Yes / No Optins, Content Locking are some of its important features.
- Drag and drop builder to design campaigns.
- Feature triggers like Timed Display Control, Scroll Trigger, Exit-Intent and others.
- Can be used to retargeting visitors.
- Can be used to target visitors around the globe.
Another advantage of using OptinMonster is that it is not available for WordPress users only. Unlike Thrive Leads or Bloom that can be used only on WordPress platform, OptinMonster can be used on any blogging platforms including WordPress.
However, in last couple of years, many new alternatives of OptinMonster has managed to give it fierce competition. Mainly in terms of price and features.
OptinMonster has the following paid plans:
- Basic Plan: $14 per month
- Plus Plan: $30 per month
- Pro Plan: $47 per month
- Growth Plan: $80 per month
If you want all the advanced features of OptinMonster then you would have to subscribe the Growth plan that will cost $960 every year that could be unaffordable for many small website owners and businesses.
Let's check out some of the best OptinMonster alternatives that are cheaper and can give you best return in the form of more subscribers and conversions from your investment.
Best OptinMonster Alternatives
1. Thrive Leads
One of the best alternatives of OptinMonster is Thrive Leads. This is the plugin that I am using on this site and also on my other blogs. It has helped me in building my email list faster.
It contains all the important features that OptinMonster provides. The only thing you would miss is the cross platform compatibility. If you're not a WordPress user then you won't be able to use Thrive Leads. However, for WordPress users, Thrive Leads will give you a boost in your website conversions goals.
Like OptinMonster, it has features like PopUp Lightbox, Sticky Ribbon, In-Line Forms, 2-Step Opt-In Form, Slide-In, Opt-In Widget, Screen Filler Overlay and others.
Other notable features include Content Locking. It helps you display opt-in incentive right inside your content and reveal it once your site visitor signs up by entering their email addresses.
Some of its key features are:
- Features almost every Opt-In Form Type - In line forms, 2-step opt-ins, screen-filling overlays, content upgrades, scroll mats, floating ribbons and others
- Advanced A/B Testing
- Conversion boosting features like SmartLinks & SmartExit
- Beautifully pre-designed templates
- Mobile Specific Opt-in Forms
Thrive Leads Pricing and Plans
It offers the following paid plans:
- Single license: $67
- 5 licenses: $97
- 15 licenses: $147
You also have the option to become a member of Thrive Theme at $19/month where you get all the products its umbrella that includes Thrive Leads, Thrive Architect, Thrive Comment, Thrive Apprentice, and others.
You also get a risk-free 30-days money-back guarantee with your purchase. If you're not satisfied with the results you will get no question asked refund of your purchase.
You get unlimited updates of Thrive Leads plugin along with a year-long free technical support.
113,971 customers of Thrive Leads is a testament to its popularity. Get started with Thrive Leads below.
Second best OptinMonster alternatives on our list is ConvertPro. It has been developed by the same team that produced one of the best seller WordPress theme – Astra.
Beautiful popups and advanced triggers are its standout features that help webmasters grow their email list faster than ever.
By closely comparing the features of OptinMonster with ConvertPro I found that ConvertPro excels in the following segment:
- Set Custom Cookie on Submit/Close
- Mobile View Editing
- Conversion Focused Designs
- WPML Compatibility
- Mini Quiz Forms
- Supports integration with favorite email service provider and CRM like Mailchimp, HubSpot, Aweber, Campaign Monitor, ConvertKit, GetResponse, Zapier, and others.
ConvertPro Pricing and Plans
ConvertPro has the following paid plans:
- Annual Plan: $99 per year
- Lifetime Plan: $399 one-time fee
In terms of price, ConvertPro at $99 per year clearly beats OptinMonster that cost $960 every year.
While ConvertPro doesn’t offer any free trial but you get a 14-day money-back guarantee on your purchase. So you can try all the features offered by ConvertPro to see if it works perfectly for you.
If you’re not happy with the performance of ConvertPro you can ask for a full refund with 14 days of your purchase.
Get started with ConvertPro below.
MailOptin is a plugin that features Lead Generation as well as Email Automation & Newsletters. Though you have the option to use any one of them or both.
Since the scope of this article is limited to popular lead generation tool that can be a perfect OptinMonster alternatives, I will tell you about only the lead generation features of MailOptin.
Let's check out some of its best features:
- Drag and drop form builder
- Popular email opt-in forms like Lightbox Popup, Notification Bar, Slide-in form, Sidebar/Widget, Embedded / In-line form and other forms.
- Exit intent technology to convert abandoning visitors into subscribers
- Custom user registration forms
- A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Advanced analytics to improve your lead-generation strategies
- MailOptin Leads to store all form submission and subscriber behaviour.
- 30 plus built-in CSS3 animation effects to drive your visitors attention.
- Popular display triggers like Scroll Trigger, Click Launch, Time on Site, Pageviews and others
- Adblock detection to show alternative content or offers to your visitors
- Referral detection, device targeting, and WooCommercetarge
MailOptin has the following pricing plans:
- Standard Plan: This plan is for single website only and is exclusively applicable for lead generation purpose. It will cost $79 per year which is quite cheaper as compared to OptinMonster.
- Pro Plan: This plan would cost you $199 per year and can be used in 3 websites. Apart from Lead Generation features, it also includes Email Automation and Newsletter.
Even the Pro Plan is quite affordable than OptinMonster. If you’re looking to grow your email list for multiple websites, then you could go for the MailOptin’s Pro Plan. This also gives you to send automation emails and newsletters to your subscribed readers. Thus, you are also save from making payment to any third party email service provider for using email marketing services.
If you’re a new blogger and are not able to pay for the paid plans there is a good news for you. MailOptin also has a lite plugin with limited features that can be downloaded from the WordPress.org repository. Here is the link to download.
MailOptin has a refund policy for its paid users. If you’re not happy with the performance, or have any technical issue that they are unable to resolve, you can ask for full refund within 14-days from the date of purchase.
Get started with MailOptin below.
Sumo is third on our list of best OptinMonster alternatives. It is a product by the same team that developed AppSumo, SendFox and KingSumo.
It has been developed keeping in mind that most of the popular lead generation plugins are quite expensive.
So to help new bloggers in growing their email list, Sumo was launched. It is a freemium product that can upgraded to the paid plan.
Though it doesn’t offer all the features that OptinMonster but when you consider the fact it is also available for free and its paid plans are also cheaper than OptinMonster, it becomes a perfect choice for new website owners.
Some of its advance features are:
- Email opt-in forms
- Social media sharing
- Advanced Visitor Targeting
- A/B Tests
- Email campaigns
- 50000 emails per month
- Advanced Email integrations
- Ecommerce features like Reduce Cart Abandonment, Increase Average Order Value, Ecommerce design templates and others
- Advanced Analytics
If you want all the advanced features of OptinMonster then you would have to subscribe the Growth plan that will cost $960 every year.
Sumo has the following paid plans:
- Free Plan: Free forever
- Pro Plan: $49 per month or $468 per year
Thus, Sumo at $468 per year is available at about 50% discount in comparison to OptinMonster that cost $960 per year.
Plus, if you don't want to spend money on the paid plans, you can join Sumo for free. It’s free plan also has some useful features like Email Opt-in Forms, Social media sharing, Unlimited Subscribers, 10000 emails per month, Email campaigns, Email integrations and others.
Sumo comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. For 30-days you can try all the premium features of Sumo. If you're not happy with the results, you claim full refund within30 days from the purchase date.
Get started with Sumo lead generation tool below.
These are some of the best lead generation tool and a perfect alternatives to OptinMonster.
If you want to grow your email list faster, you can go with any of the tools covered above.
If you liked this article, please take a moment to share it on social media websites.